Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Hoorah!

We spent the last weekend of summer at the coast. We had such a great time there with my parents. While Cody and my Dad went fishing, my mom kept Carter and I took the big boys to the beach. We had so much fun playing in the water and in the sand. (No pictures of that this time, I had to be paying close attention since I was the only adult.)
On Saturday night we went to a place we enjoy called Funtrackers. My parents, especially my dad, love to watch the boys drive the go carts. Colton and Cooper love it. Cody and Cooper also had a water war with Colton on the bumper boats. Then we headed into the arcade and played some games. Carter rode a few little moving vehicles and loved it. It was lots of fun! I have to tell you how sweet my Colton is. He was playing a crane game that had lots of inexpensive jewelry in it and he says "Mama-- see that butterfly necklace? Do you like it?"  To which I said "Of course but you can get something that you want." He says, "I want to win that for you. " And he did! He was so proud of himself and happy that he got that for me. Then he insisted on using part of his tickets to get me a little birthstone ring. I put my new jewelry right on and am wearing it whenever I can. So sweet!! It brought tears in my eyes for him to be worried about getting me a gift with his chance to get something for himself. Love that boy!
It was great weekend and a great way to say goodbye to summer.










1 comment:

Wendy said...

I can just hear Cody's thoughts...."Oh, yeah, this is the BEST reason to have kids, so you can have an excuse to play with the go-karts & bumper boats!" Hee hee hee.