Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vegas!

 I mentioned that my hubby and I were getting away to Las Vegas. Well, it was a wonderful trip! We traveled with Cody's business partner John and his wife Nita. We got there on Sunday in the early afternoon. We got settled in our beautiful room at The Wynn. It was so nice!! Then we headed out to check out the hotel and eat some dinner. Chinese New Year was being celebrated so many of the hotels had the Dragons added to their decorations. After dinner, Nita and I played a few slot machines while our hubbies had a drink at the bar. Then we had coffee and dessert at a cafe in our hotel. Nita was dying for the carrot cake. You could only get a really BIG piece. We all sampled her $13 piece of carrot cake. =)



I loved all of these balls of flowers hanging in the trees. They were beautiful!




On Monday morning, the guys had to attend a Meat's conference. Nita and I had appointments to get massages. We had a yummy breakfast buffet in our hotel and them headed to get pampered. It was an amazing spa! My 80 minute massage was awesome! Afterward, Nita and I relaxed and chatted in the jacuzzi area. So thankful that my hubby treated me to that early Valentine gift. 
Cute dessert bar at breakfast 


Once we were finished getting pampered, we decided to get our lunch to go and we ate and relaxed in our own rooms. Cody got back and we napped before dinner. 





After a big steak dinner, we went and changed clothes(it was chilly) so we could walk around on the Vegas strip and do a little shopping. We had drinks and a yummy dessert at Margaritaville. 



My hubby got me a cute dice charm for my Pandora bracelet. 


When we got back to our hotel, I wanted to hit the slot machines. I found this Sex and the City machine. It was a penny machine and I put in $10. It was a fun game complete with little movie clips. I played on that machine forever. I even got up to $150. Sadly, I ended up with zero because I enjoyed it so much and didn't know when to stop. =( Oh well, I had a lot of fun on that $10. 


We headed home the next day. I had a great time with my hubby and we had so much fun with John and Nita. It was a short but sweet getaway! 

 I am so thankful for my parents and Cody's parents for taking care of our boys while we were gone. The boys did fine but they sure did miss us. Especially Colton. He may be my oldest but he is my constant thinker and worrier. Poor guy! He did work himself up, couldn't get to sleep at night and actually threw up the first night. Poor guy! He was so relieved when we were back home with him. Good thing it was a short trip. =) 
We were so exited to get home to our little men! 

4 comments:

Hillary said...

What amazing pictures!! That carrot cake was HUGE. I can't believe that! :)So glad that ya'll had such a fun get-away!

xoxox

Jennifer said...

That is a HUGE piece of cake.

And man, I love that Sex in the City slot machine. It's my all time favorite!! I like the shoe bonus game best!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Anonymous said...

what a fun little get away! those are the best! you and cody look great! the desserts looked fab too! glad y'all got to spend that time together! I'm sure your little men at home were thrilled to spend that time at the grandparents!!

April Westerhold said...

You know I LOVE Vegas! Glad you got to go and have a good time. You look great!