Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Deer lease fun

If you know me, you know the deer lease is not really a place I care to hang out. But trying to be a good wife and mother of boys, I took the boys to the deer lease on Saturday to spend the night. Cooper has been wanting to go hunting and has waited patiently for his turn. We got there just in time for the afternoon hunt. Although the boys were like two caged animals in the deer blind, I know Cody loved having us hunt with him. Just when we were about to "release the animals", Cody saw a trash buck he was wanting to shoot to get rid of. Cody knew this would be exciting for them. The boys got very quiet. We all plugged our ears and Cody shot. The buck was down and the boys couldn't wait to go see it. It is so funny how the are just innately not afraid or grossed out by this stuff. They ran right up to it and had to touch it. (I bit my tongue and just let them be "hunters".)
Here is a shot of the boys with the buck and one with their Daddy too.
It was a fun experience for them and I enjoyed myself too. The only bad part was that we woke up Sunday morning to rain. Oh well!

No comments: