Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sheep showing begins

Okay so my hubby and I showed lambs when we were in school. My hubby was really good at it! Now the boys are starting to show. We are raising sheep with my brother and his kids.(Right now it is just my two big boys and my nephew Landon. You have to be 8 years old to show.) On Sunday, they participated in their first show. It was the Canyon FFA chapter show. It was just a practice show but
they did so great!

                                    Cousins--raising sheep together! So much more fun together!
My boys with their good buddy Brayden
 Colton showed two of our sheep. He got a 3rd place ribbon with one of them. He surprised us by how calm and confident he looked. He did great! 




Cooper did great too! He worked so hard. His sheep got a first place ribbon. 




My nephew Landon's sheep got Grand Champion of the show! Awesome!


So proud of my sheep showers!

 They had the Jr. Showmanship competition, which is for those kids 8 and under. Too young to officially show. We talked Carter into doing it and Colton went in with him. He was so cute and Colton was a great help. Such a good big brother!


         My nephew Luke ended up winning the buckle for Jr. Showmanship. Awesome!!
He turns 8 this month. He can't wait to show next year! 

Luke, Livvy and Carter hung out and cheered on their big brothers.

These four will be fun to watch! 
                                           

It was a great first showing experience! I think my boys are hooked and we look forward to lots of fun to come!

No comments: