Monday, August 25, 2008

Colton the Kindergartner

We made it! Colton started Kindergarten today. The morning went well. He was excited but also a little nervous. He almost cried when I went to leave but was such a big boy and held it in.By the time I left he was doing a puzzle at the table and was fine. I, on the other hand, was a wuss. Yes- I exited his classroom and cried like a baby. Uh huh, in the hallway. (He didn't see the tears.) My stomach was in knots all day. This letting go stuff is for the birds!
Thankfully, when I got there to pick him up this afternoon, I got a huge hug and the first three things he said with a smile on his face were:
1. "Mamaaaaa- finally!"
2. "I have sure been missing you!"
3. "I had a grrrreat day!!"
When I asked him what his favorite part of the day was he said "all of it!" His teacher's name is Mrs. Miller-easy to remember-and she is very sweet. He likes her a lot. What a big guy we have. I cannot believe that he is old enough to be in school. Time flies!
Ahhhhh, now I can take a deep breath and try to enjoy it! Oh wait....Cooper starts preschool tomorrow!
Anyway, check out this handsome kindergartner!

















































1 comment:

lkripp said...

Ironically, Landon wore that same shirt today!!! I'm so glad he enjoyed his first day, but man, it seems like just yesterday we were all at the hospital waiting for him to be born....siiighhh...
Love,
Aunt Laura