Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My baby is 6 months old

My sweet Carter turned 6 months old on Christmas day. I cannot believe that that much time has past since he was born. I cannot remember our life without him. I know I am always saying this but he is really a perfect baby. He is sweet and smiley, cuddly and content. I just can't get over how much I love this boy. Proof that your heart really keeps growing with each child you have. To think we were on the fence about having a third child....I cannot imagine my life without Carter Wesley in it!! I thank God for him each day!
Anyway, today was Carter's 6 month check up. We found out that the poor guy had an ear infection that needed his first antibiotic. I'm telling you, the most we noticed was that he was very quiet yesterday not even fussy. He is amazing.
Dr. Boecker and I talked about his eating habits. He is still breastfeeding and has finally started to like some of his baby food. Now he eats rice cereal, green beans, carrots, peas, squash, applesauce, bananas and pears. (The last two he is not sure of yet.) My little meatball is even sitting up pretty well now. He had to get three shots today but he didn't cry until the second one. Such a trooper! He is still my chunky monkey and I LOVE it!  Here are his stats:
Weight: 21 lbs 15 oz. (97%)
Height: 28 in (91%)

Here are a few pictures of him enjoying a biter biscuit and playing with a sippy cup. As you can tell he wasn't thrilled with the apple juice inside.






No comments: