Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July

We spent the long weekend for the 4th at the coast with Cody's family. We had so much fun! We spent plenty of time at the beach and the pool. Carter loved the beach again. He would go straight to the holes that were dug and sit in them and just play with the sand. He also kept bending over and putting his head down to look between his legs. It was so cute and made his head as messy as the rest of him. I'm bummed that I never got a picture of him doing that. I did get a picture of him super messy. My big boys enjoyed the beach as always and Colton even got buried from the neck down in the sand. =)







We loved the sand but squeezed in a few other fun things too. On Saturday night, Cody and I took the boys to Funtrackers. They had so much fun riding go carts and bumper boats and playing a few arcade games. (I have to get the pictures off of Cody's phone) Then on Sunday, we went with Cody's family to tour the U.S.S. Lexington. It was a great way to spend the 4th. We saw the way my Dad (and many other sailors) used to live when he was in the Navy. The boys enjoyed navigating through the ship and Carter had his adventure riding in a backpack seat on Cody's back...thanks Bobby and Hillary. We look forward to going back with my Dad next time so we could hear all the details of Navy life.
That night we watched the fireworks on a grassy area near the ferry. It was a good show. Poor Carter didn't like the noise so I pushed one ear against his Pooh Bear and covered the other ear with my hand. That worked because he sure wanted to see them. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks but here are some from our tour of the Lexington. 













No comments: