Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Getting out of town

 **Be ready for lots of pictures. You know that is how I roll. =) I even tried to be selective and narrow it down. That is not easy for me. =)**


 This morning we headed out of town for a little Spring Break getaway. We headed to Grapevine and were just taking our time. We made a few random stops...my hubby wanted to look at a vehicle for sale that he wanted to buy to use at the deer lease(he bought it and we will have to pick it up on our way home). We also realized Colton brought two right tennis shoes( he has a newer pair of the same design) so we had to stop at Academy and grab some Crocs. We ate lunch, pottied a few times....you know the drill. =) Anyway, we decided to stop and enjoy the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History since it was on the way and we had heard great things about it. I am so glad we did. The boys had a great time!

They checked out the Momentum Machine and got a little dizzy....




They played and experimented with light...

 This was a cool, HUGE version of the Lite Brite toy!! Fun, Fun!,

They spent a lot of time in the flight area...making things to fly in the wind tunnel and then making paper airplanes to see how far they would fly...







They checked out the human brain, some cool slides through a telescope and some other fun science things...




Future Dr. Carter Mueller=)

They explored the Dinosaur exhibit and dug for fossils...


Carter found a few fun things to do by himself...

One huge highlight for them was a Hurricane simulator. They laughed so hard and loved feeling the winds go 78 mph...




Nothing better than these three smiling faces!!!!


We had such a great afternoon. Then we grabbed burgers and shakes and checked into our hotel. My boys love going to a hotel. They get so wound up and excited over just sleeping in hotel beds. =)
 We will be getting up early tomorrow and heading to Legoland Discovery Center for a busy and fun day. My boys are fired up and ready!!  I am loving Spring Break but I better get some Zzzzzzz's. I will have more picture overload for you soon. =) 




4 comments:

Kerry said...

I LOVE that last pic so much!! Just look at how happy those gorgeous boys are!!
Have a great time away, looks like you're all off to a great start! xo

Hillary said...

Looks like so much fun! We'll have to try and venture over there next time we go and see my mom!

Ya'll be safe and have a great time!

xoxox

Texas Mom said...

What fun! Great idea for a family vacation. I love the smiles on the their faces. Have a safe trip!

Chris said...

Hi Melanie, enjoy each day with those darling sons of yours. Those were the best years of my life when I stayed home with my three sons. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris