Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baseball Player's Prayer

Baseball season has begun and for us that means practice 5 days a week. Two for Cooper, three for Colton. Games should start next week. We are in for a tiring but fun Spring.  Saw this prayer and thought it was good one. 


Baseball Player's Prayer






God, grant me wisdom to tell a strike from a ball;
To know where to throw and never to fall.
Keep me always in the base line running straight and true;
And I'll look for your sign to stretch one into two.
God give me vision to see every pitch;
So if a player needs help then I will see which.
Let me always hustle so I'll be at my best;
And take pride in myself in sports and the rest.
God be my strength when I throw the ball;
When I'm far from home plate or against a wall.
So I never miss a base, please guide my feet;
Bring me home safely so my job is complete.
When I help younger players, let me always give praise;
So they'll see you in me in all of my ways.
God please guide our coach to be fair and smart;
To teach us to be good, let it come from his heart.
Let me take a loss just as well as a win;
To do any less is surely a sin.
As long as I can play, let me make my parents proud;
As proud as I am, when they yell MY name out loud.
However my games end, let me always have fun;
And if Heaven has All Stars, I want to be one.
When my games here are over, and my seasons are done;
Let me play on your team, just like your Son.
Amen.

(Author Unknown)

1 comment: