Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I know a special lady I would love for you to meet,
She is bubbly, kind and funny and also super sweet,
Whenever I need her she is sure to be there,
Always honest and loving and showing that she cares,
She is Mama to me and Mammy to my boys,
Her arms are always open in the hardships and the joys,
We have an amazing friendship and bond that we share,
Together we are a unique and close mother-daughter pair,
You have to meet this lady she is better than the rest,
Trust me when I tell you, my mom she is the BEST!!
Happy Mother's Day Mama!!!
(The picture I chose is not very recent but is one of my favorites of my mom and I. )

I am so lucky to have been blessed with two wonderful examples of what a mother should be. My mother-in-law is a woman with a huge and generous heart. She is always doing for others. She has been a close friend to me and is also a great source for advice and experience. She is a wonderful Omi to my boys as well and we all love her so much!

(This is another older picture that I like. It is of my mother-in-law and two of my sister-in-laws. )

Being a Mama is a job I love soooo much! I am so lucky to have the two amazing little guys I am getting to raise. I can't believe I will be the mother of three boys in about 7 weeks. I can't wait! Life is good!!!!

4 comments:

Texas Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too my friend! I hope you had a wonderful day! I too love that picture of you and your mom! Miss you so!

Shannon Kosub said...

Melanie..this was BEAUTIFUL! Aunt Mel is described to a TEE!!! I know you made her smile, cry, and filled her heart with warm fuzzies! Love you and job well done on your poem!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I love the picture of
you and Melody....Yes, she is
a great Mom and you have followed
in her footsteps...I love you both!
Aunt Pam

Lynn said...

I love your poems! What a neat talent you have. And yes, your mom is a special person! Love ya