Thursday, January 31, 2013

Randoms and a recipe

I cannot believe this is the last day of January! Man this month flew by! I have been a terrible blogger lately. Every time I sit down to write a post, I either go blank or get sidetracked. So this post will be pretty random. 

Colton took his first baseball to the mouth last week. He got a new glove for his birthday so he was playing catch with Cody in the yard. Next thing I knew, he was headed in with his hands covering his bleeding mouth. Both his top and bottom lip were cut and swelling fast. He has such a high pain tolerance and is such a tough guy. He barely shed a tear. I was worried that he would be nervous about the next game of catch but he said that he must have been in a daze so the ball hit him.=) After about 20 minutes of ice, he was out there again playing ball. Love my tough boy and the fact that he got right back out there!

This was the next morning and it didn't look quite as bad as I thought it would.
Thank goodness!

I got a speeding ticket last week. =( It has been a while since that happened. There was no talking my way out of it, I was going 82 in a 70. OOPS! So today I paid the hefty court fee and next I will do the dreaded defensive driving course. Luckily I can do it online but it is just no fun. All in all, a terrible way to waste money and time. The upside, I have slowed down. 

 We are completely diaper free in this house! Carter has been potty trained since June but he did sleep in diapers. I had noticed for about a month that he would wake up dry or get up early to go potty but I kept putting diapers on as a precaution. He finally told me he didn't want to wear them anymore. =) Such a big boy! Is it weird that this makes me a little sad? I think it is just the fact that it is another milestone that makes me realize how fast time is going. 

It's empty=(
=)

Okay, now for a yummy recipe. These chicken tenders are so good. My boys even compared them to Chick-fil-a. That's a big stretch but they are delicious. 


4-6 chicken breasts cut into strips
1 stick of butter
1 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese( I use only 1 cup but I am not a fan of Parmesan)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp garlic salt

Mix dry ingredients together and melt butter in a separate bowl. 
Roll each chicken strip in butter and then in dry ingredients. Place on a large, foil lined cookie sheet. 

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered, 15 minutes uncovered. (maybe less depending on how thick the strips are)

Enjoy! 
Thanks for letting me be random! 

1 comment:

April said...

YAY for no more diapers! The chicken looks good. I will have to try that.