Abby at Little Miss Martha nominated me for Liebster Award! How cool is that? Thanks Abby--I love your blog!
The Leibster Award is basically a supportive award that is given to new bloggers. While I'm not necessarily a new blogger, blogging support is always welcome. This award is pretty cool because it focuses on bloggers with 200 followers or less. It is a great way for smaller blogs to make new friends and share their ideas.
So, here we go.
There are always rules...
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator and list 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award so show it off! Wink...Wink.
And onto the Questions to Answers...
11 of them....
1. When do you find the time to blog?
I haven't done a good job of blogging lately because life has been crazy. Ordinarily I blog late at night. I am a night owl. I don't usually go to bed until 1:00 am or so. Amazing what I can accomplish in the wee hours of the night when all of my peeps are asleep. =)
2. IF you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
Interesting question..have to say I have never really thought about that before but I would say a Kangaroo. They seem to be strong and fast hoppers. I like that they carry their babies in their pouch. SO cute. Also, Australia seems like a beautiful place to live.
3. Describe what you feel when you see your favorite color?
My favorite color is purple. I have always liked it so it was awesome that it happened to be my college's color. It takes me back to those days a bit when I see it. Go TSU!!!
4. What is your favorite television show?
I am still a Grey's Anatomy fan. I still love it. I miss the old days of it with Izzy, George, McSteamy and Lexi as part of the group but I am still devoted to it. I also love Army Wives, The Client List and The Bachelor.
5. What one thing would you like your children to take into adulthood?
Narrowing it down to one thing is hard. I have so many hopes for my boys. Ultimately though, I hope they are followers of Christ. Trusting, believing in and loving the Lord should cover most of the important things like...being honest, respectful to others, loving, giving, faithful, etc.
6. What does your family think of your blog?
My mom loves it! Even though we see them all of the time, she loves to read it and see the pictures. I think the others that read it appreciate that I do blog but are less vocal about it. =)
7. What would your dream vacation be?
I dream of going to Hawaii. It just seems gorgeous. Someday I will be there enjoying that clear blue water, the white sand, bright flowers and relaxing atmosphere. I won't be in a grass skirt but no doubt I will be in some sort of Hawaiian print with a lei and a fruity drink.
My other dream vacation is a Disney Cruise. Can't wait to sail away with my boys!
9. What daily chore do you despise the most?
Lately, unloading and reloading my dishwasher feels like the movie Groundhog Day. I do that every.single.day.
10. What advice would you give to a first time blogger?
Blog for you and don't put pressure on yourself. Don't worry about how many followers you have. But know that in order to have people follow you, you have to get to other blogs and leave comments and you have to blog regularly. I don't have lots of followers but I have made some neat friendships within the blog community. I love that!
11. If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for? (I am gonna go light on these--not in a heavy mood)
1) I would wish for the vacations I mentioned above with lots of good friends and family along for the fun.
2) I would wish to get to my goal weight and stay there and still be able to have lots of dessert and Dr. Pepper.
3) I would wish for a shopping spree. If I were my ideal weight, I could fill my closet with fabulous clothes.
Told you I was keeping it light. ;)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I met my hubby in 3rd grade. We were neighbors and in school together. He was the first boy I liked at my new school. He wrote the "circle yes or no" note in 4th grade and we "went together" from 4-6th grade, then for a while in 7th and 8th. We remained just friends until our Senior year in high school and have been together ever since. We will celebrate 14 years of marriage in July.
2. I am a BOYMOM. I have 3 precious boys ages 10, 7 and 3. I adore them all!
3. If you looked in my pantry, you would think I was a hoarder. I love a pantry full of snacks.
4. I was a cheerleader for years. The spirit fingers still come out now and then. =)
5. I love to watch movies. If I really like a movie I will watch it over and over again. Some that I have worn out---The Notebook, Something Borrowed, Sixteen Candles, The Help, Maid of Honor, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride and Sweet Home Alabama. Going to the movies is something I love to do. Bring on the gallon sized Mr. Pibb and large box of Junior Mints please! =)
6. I never watch the real news-embarrassing I know. Even sadder, I watch E!News all the time and know lots of useless information about Hollywood. Luckily, my hubby keeps me informed on all the big and important stuff.
7. I used to be an elementary school teacher. I love the actual teaching and reaching every learner part but the paperwork and standardized testing put a big damper on it.
8. I love shopping! I am a little bit of an addict. I don't have to buy anything for myself. I love to buy things for other people even more than for myself. It seems to be therapy for me.
9. I love taking pictures! I pretty much always have my camera. Eventually, I would like to take a class so I could get good at it.
10. I love music and can not sit still when I hear a good beat. I love to dance. The 80's and 90's provided some awesome music and fabulous dance moves. Now my boys are the same way. They love to "shake their booty" when they hear a good song.
11. I love to go on road trips. I think it is so fun to pack the car with my hubby, my boys, lots of snacks, new music, good movies and hit the open road. Luckily, my boys are great travelers. Gotta get something planned for this summer. =)
And here are my 11 wonderful nominees:
Christa@ The Me& Mine Book
Catie@ Catie's Chaos
April@ Party of 5
Veronica@ The Only Pink in a House of Blue
Brandi@ Borchardt Birdies
Amy @ The Harlien Happenings
Seriously, go check them out! =)