Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The God Box

I told you I would be sharing things from my bible study, The Power of a Positive Mom, so here goes.  The last three chapters we read were on the power of prayer and the importance of it.  Wow- there was soooo much good information stuffed into those chapters. The focus in one of the chapters is on worry and it talks about how we should cast our cares away and relinquish them to God. The author shared a fabulous idea called a "God Box". The idea is that if there is an issue that is causing you to spend lots of time worrying, you write it on an index card and put it in the box. It is a visual and physical way to give the worry to the Lord. When the worry starts to consume you again, remind yourself that you have put it in God's hands. I love this! I am a worrier myself- always have been. My 9 year old son, Colton, tends to be the same way. We have always told him that when something is bothering him that he should pray about it. And he does. There are many times, you will look over at him and see him with his hands folded and his eyes closed, talking to the Lord. It is a sweet sight to see. I am so glad that he does this and the God box is another way to help him and the rest of our family  put our issues in God's hands.

Here is a very simple, little God Box that I made. I got the box at Michael's and cut a hole in the top then decorated it with scrapbook stickers. Easy and basic but I think the benefits it will bring to our family will be BIG!








The prayer at the end of the chapter was another good one...

I praise you, for you are a wonderful and caring God. You know my needs before I present them to you. You love me with an everlasting love! Thank you that you care for the needs of birds of the air, and that you care so much more for the needs of my family. I trust you with the worries of my life. I have faith that you are working all things in my life together for the good. Thank you for your abundant love and kindness. In Jesus' name, Amen.


1 comment:

April said...

What an awesome idea! I think I will make one too!