Monday, July 18, 2011

Girl's Getaway

Saturday was my mini getaway with three of my favorite ladies! We had a great time! We got going early Saturday morning and a nice late breakfast together.

Lynn, Me, Laura and Misti
 Then we headed to our beautiful hotel--The Westin La Cantera. Our room was super nice with a balcony and a pool view.
Our view

Once we dropped our bags we shuttled over to the Shops at La Cantera. We shopped for a few hours and found a few good buys. We shuttled back to the hotel and found a spot by the pool. We were all looking forward to being by a pool without worrying about floaties or goggles or SPF 70 for our kiddos. So relaxing to just layout and have drinks!!
After a couple hours by the pool, we headed downtown to eat dinner on the Riverwalk. There were tons of people(not sure why that surprised us so much) but we did get a table by the water at Casa Rio. It is some delicious Mexican food.
 Once we stuffed our face, we went to Acapulco Sams for some dancing. This club has three floors and each floor has a different era of music. We stayed on the 80s and 90s floor and had so much fun. I think Lynn and I stayed on the dance floor for three straight hours. We definitely burned off the calories from our dinner. =) I could "fast dance" all night long. I am that person you see dancing that you assume has had too much to drink when I actually haven't had a drop. I just have a blast and can't be still when the music is playing. (The old cheerleader in me I guess)
Anyway, we got back to our hotel late. Luckily, we got to sleep in on Sunday morning. (Except Misti--sorry girl) We checked out at noon and had a quick lunch. Then we headed home to our kiddos. I sure missed my boys!! Cody kept them very busy though. They went to the Hunter's Extravaganza Show and had lots of fun there. (Wish I had pictures) They slept most of the night on the trampoline. (Cody moved them in around 1:30am) Then he got all them to church on Sunday and made a quick trip to HEB. Such a good Hubby.
I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to get away and get refreshed. I loved having that time with Lynn, Misti and Laura!! Even though it was "mini", it was just what I needed!!

2 comments:

Veronika said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We all need mommy breaks, even if they are miniature! :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT a fun trip!! Girl, I could "fast dance" with you all night too!! Glad you girls got to spend time together! Sounds like your boys had a fun time with their Daddy!