Thursday, February 23, 2012

Feels like Spring

Well, you gotta love Texas!! We have had beautiful weather this week. Yesterday the high was like 80. Crazy right? I love it though!! Yesterday was the kind of day where you can just be outside all day! Carter and I took advantage of it and went to the park. We had so much fun! Carter was so happy to roam around and I was happy to follow him. =) Oh and take lots of pictures.







When it was time for a "nack", Carter chose trail mix and we sat down on a bench to eat it. A friendly little squirrel came up and Carter was happy to share with him. It was very cute! (I had to keep reminding Carter not to get too close though.) After a few minutes we looked around and we were surrounded by birds and another squirrel. Carter was like, "no more squirrel." We walked away and his original furry friend followed. It took us a few minutes but we finally lost him. =)







My Mama, sis in law Laura and my nephew Luke and niece Livvy, met us to play for a little bit. Carter loved following Luke around.
Luke climbed the rock wall--growing too fast!!

I love the look on Carter's face in this one. 

How cute is she? 

Anyway, it really was perfect weather and a wonderful day! The only thing that would have made it better is  if my big boys could have been with us.

5 comments:

Veronika said...

We went to the park that day too (: this weather has been nice, especially after that rain and those heavy clouds!

Hillary said...

I love this weather too! Glad ya'll got to get out in it and had a great time!

xoxox

April Westerhold said...

Looks like a great day at the park. It was 71 and beautiful here yesterday and 41/calling for snow today. LOL

Brittany said...

We are having BEAUTIFUL weather in KY too:))) Isn't it wonderful/?


Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments on my blog:) I can't wait to follow on your journey too! I am always gravitated toward mommas of little boys:) We are a special breed!! ha!

Kerry said...

Argh!!! I'm so jealous you guys get cute little fluffy squirrels to play with at the park!! We don't have squirrels here :(
Cute pics Melanie, what a lovely looking day at the park. Wish I could meet you for a playdate :)