Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Being a mother is the best job in the world. It may not be easy but it is worth every second of the hard work. I am so completely in love with my boys. I feel so blessed that God chose me to be their Mama! They bring so much joy to me life each and everyday!! 

I had a great Mother's day that started on Saturday when my Mama and I went to do a little shopping, lunch and a pedicure. Perfect way to spend a day!! Love having quality time with my favorite lady! 
Then Sunday started with sweet greetings from all of my boys! Precious handmade cards and gifts from Colton and Cooper that they had been hiding since they brought them home from school on Friday. Carter had a precious picture his teachers took at school and made into a magnet for me. Too Cute!!!

Colton has been learning cursive this year. I love seeing him write so pretty! =)



Seriously, how cute is this bookmark?



Precious!!

My hubby gave me a fun summer Brighton bag (I picked out) and I love it! It is great colors, easy to clean and roomy! It came with two cute pouches to go inside to help keep it organized and I also got a cute white wallet to go with it. 



 Then my hubby surprised me with this printer. =) Ours has been broken for about a year and I am constantly needing to print something. I would always have to email stuff to Cody at work and have him print it for me. So he said the purse was the fun gift and the printer was the gift to make my life easier. =)


Then we got ready and headed to church!! On the way, my hubby had the boys tell three things they loved about their Mama. I heard things like...she hugs and kisses me, she takes us to fun places, surprises us, is sweet to us, loves us. SO cute! Cody said they were so lucky because I was always thinking of them first and take such good care of them! He also said I keep our family running so well!! =) 
 My parents were at church too so I got to sit next to my favorite lady!! Seriously, I do not know what I would do without my Mama!! She is my very best friend! She is there for the five of us all the time! My boys adore their Mammy!!




After church we headed to my in laws house and had a great lunch! The cousins played and had so much fun as always!! My mother in law is really great to the five of us too!! My boys love their Omi! 

We are so lucky to have wonderful mothers that are wonderful grandmothers too!! They make life easier and so much fun!!
 After naps, my parents came over to hang out. My dad and Cody went to get Chinese food since that is what my mom and I are always wanting. (I haven't had it in forever!)
It was a wonderful day!! Carter was so funny and kept saying , "Happy Mother's day!" all day long whenever there was a quiet moment. He also asked, "Where is Mother's day at?"
Cody changed all the diapers, gave the baths, made the meals and most of all made me feel loved and appreciated!! Hope all of you Mamas out there felt the same way!! 

5 comments:

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day! And I'm very jealous of that printer!

Natalie said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day you had!

April Westerhold said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. Love the pictures. Isn't it great to feel special and loved?

Katie said...

Cute bag, Melanie! So bright and cheery. ; )

Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Kerry said...

You guys had such a great day!! You certainly are very blessed to have a mum like that (and a MIL too!!)
Your boys are also so blessed to have you as their mum Melanie, the world needs more mother's like you :)
Beautiful gifts, totally agree that the bookmark is awesome!! I love your new bag, great for Spring and Summer!
We too had Chinese food, mmm yum!
I love all of the sweet things the boys said about you and the help and love your husband showed you, you deserve it!! xo