Wednesday, January 12, 2011

BiRtHdAy WeEk

This post made me tear up, well the tears actually fell. A lot of them. As I looked through these pictures of my Colton, I was reminded once again how fast time goes... How quickly my babies are growing up.... How I am soooo not ready for that!!  My first baby will be turning 8 on Saturday. I cannot believe it!! Okay, Okay. I know 8 is still definitely a kid but it just sounds old to me. I can see in small ways everyday how mature Colton is becoming. He is getting to be a big boy. (The silly giggles when he sees a lady in a bikini on the magazine rack at the grocery store and the fact that he has to point it out to his little brother is making that all to clear.) Anyway, Colton informed me the other day that this whole week is his birthday week. So instead of waiting until his actual birthday to post these pics of him, I felt like getting nostalgic and posting pictures from his first year today.  These are all the professional pictures we had taken that year. (I didn't go digital until about 6 years ago and I couldn't scan all my favorite snapshots of him because they have been scrapbooked. No I am not even close to caught up on his scrapbook, but I do have most of his baby pics done. I think I am on year two. =) I have been meaning to put all the negatives onto disks but that is on the bottom of my ever-growing to do list. ) Okay back to my point, I scanned these in and got a little lot teary eyed doing it. Come back on Saturday for his birthday post and you will see the difference. Crazy how fast time flies!!!!

1 day old--hospital picture

1 month


3 months
5 months


5 months--For Father's day


6 months

9 month--someday he will hate me for this=)

9 months-his first Halloween costume


11 months- he loved Shrek. Not sure I am loving the background now.

1 year


2 comments:

Hillary said...

I love my precious nephew soo much! He is such a blessing to our family!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to your boy :)
Stopping by from Blog Frog to follow :) Looking forward to your visit @ www.havingfunsaving.com
Take care,
Tracy