Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Question Friday

 I thought I would do something different and fun this Friday and I decided to play along with Five Question Friday.
1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?

 I think I would donate it to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. One of my greatest fears is that one of my children would get something terrible like cancer.  St. Jude's seems like a great place for parents to go with their children for the care and help they need. Oh how I pray I never need to turn to them!

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
I would WELCOME a snow day! My boys always talk about doing snow angels and having a snowball fight. I would love to have pictures of  them all bundled up playing in the snow or posed next to a snowman we built together. Unfortunately,  in our warm and wonderful state of Texas, we will probably never have a snow day.

This is Cooper catching a snow flake on his tongue on the closest thing to a snow day we have had around here. It did not accumulate, school went on as scheduled and I don't think Cooper caught much on his tongue. But you can see a  little bit on the roof. =)

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
I would love to be able to sing. You know~~ where people would enjoy hearing it. I don't think I would be trying out for American Idol (though I do love the show)  but I would love to sing well at church or for my family. Good thing my boys love my voice no matter what it sounds like. ;)

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
I hate to admit it but I very rarely, if ever, watch the news. I get all the important stuff from my hubby a little later than I should. BUT I do look forward to my most recent People magazine showing up in the mail each week and I love shows like E! News.

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
My first cocktail choices would be nonalcoholic...Sweet Tea, a good ol' Dr. Pepper or a cranberry-vanilla Coke from Sonic (sounds weird but it is good.)
I rarely drink alcohol. I always feel better being the Designated Driver. If  I do have a drink, I like fruity and frozen~like a strawberry Margarita.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Dr. Pepper! Oh so good!

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

stopping by from 5 Q Friday

it's embarrassing but I rarely watch the actual news, instead I concentrate on celebrity gossip.

have a great weekend

Kath' said...

Mine was St. Jude and singing as well. lol
The vanilla cranberry coke sounds awesome. I think I will try and make one at home and see how it turns out. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/five-question-friday_28.html

AMY said...

Love your blog, you have a beautiful family!
I'm a new follower from 5 ques Friday.

Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com