Monday, January 10, 2011

Snuggled up...

Well, it is actually starting to feel like winter here in Texas. Our high today was 43 degres. Yes- I realize some of you are laughing because you actually have snow in your yard, but for us that is cold. The moment it gets cold I want to make some kind of soup to help warm us up. =) Tonight I made Taco soup. It is kind of a Frito pieish dish, but I call it soup. It is super easy and yummy too. I am always looking for fast and easy recipes and a friend of mine shared this one with me way back. I thought I would share.

Here it is:
1 lb of ground meat
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of Rotel
1 can of Pinto Beans
1 can of Ranch Style beans
1 can of corn
1 pkg. of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 pkg. of Taco Seasoning
1 pkg grated Cheese of your choice

Brown and drain the meat. Add the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer.
I sprinkle the cheese on top and serve it with chips.




Then the best part of a cold evening is this...my boys snuggling up by a fire.

You can tell from the picture, my sweet Carter was actually a little afraid of the fire. Maybe the fact that we kept saying "be careful, HOT" had something to do with it. Poor guy!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

oh that sounds soo good right now...blast the stupid nurtisystem diet or i would totally be making that tonight!

Anonymous said...

Yummo!! That looks great!! Might need to try it! We woke up to 8 degrees this morning! Stay warm!