Sunday, February 13, 2011

My little Cowboys

Okay, this should be my last rodeo post I promise! This afternoon we took our little cowboys to see the rodeo. They loved it! All three of them we so excited and just plain happy to be there. My parents also came and so that makes my boys experience that much more fun! We had those super close seats again and the boys got to have the full experience. Shaking the hands of the rodeo clown...



getting hopped up on sugar from the yummy blue cotton candy...




feeling the breeze of the animals racing past you and getting a little stinky dirt in your lap.

This is how Carter sat for a while at the beginning.... the action had his eyebrows working overtime and the dirt would land on him and he would have to dust it off right away.

Oh and Colton ended up on the jumbo tron while he was dancing and was even given a hat by the Pick Up team. (They give out three at each performance to random people in the audience.)



After the actual rodeo events, the duet that performed was Steel Magnolia. I knew them from the show "Can you Duet?" They were pretty good but we were ready to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day so we only stayed for a few songs. First, we had to stop and take a few pictures in front of the backdrop in the arena.



Isn't this hilarious!! I love these silly boys!!

We were all geared up to ride some carnival rides but oh. my. gosh! We walked out and the crowds were insane. People everywhere. Super long lines. So even though I am embarrassed to say it, we bribed our children. Not my most proud parenting tactic but a very effective one. =)We offered them a souvenir of their choice if we could skip the excess waiting we would have to endure. After some thought, they took the bribe. Smart boys! ;) We  were all exhausted but had such a GrEaT afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could take a bite out of Carter...he is a yummy little man!!! Love the "action" photo in front of the bronc rider!! Too cute!! Looks like y'all had tons of fun...a great afternoon with your boys!

April Westerhold said...

Nothing wrong with a good bribe now and then. Sweet boys and it looks like they had a blast!