Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Day and Yummy Dinner

My Valentine's Day was busy but great! Colton had his party at school and being the room mom, I definitely needed and wanted to be there to help. The parents helped make a sweetheart's breakfast complete with heart shaped pancakes and lots of yummy toppings. (I didn't get very many pictures since I was at the griddle and Colton passed on the pancakes. He was still full from his breakfast.) I wasn't able to be at Cooper's preschool for the morning but they did their card exchange and the teachers really didn't need any help. Carter spent the morning with his Omi being loved on and spoiled. ;)

Here are my sweet Valentine boys...



Notice the green fingers and edges of his mouth. Can you say Fun Dip?



After I picked up my littlest two boys, we headed to HEB to see if we could find something new and exciting to make for Cody for dinner. I love the fact that right near the meat department they have a chef set up making a great meal for shoppers to sample. They call this the Cooking Connection. The recipe is there on a card to take and all the ingredients are right there to go with it. Also, the chef will answer any questions you have. What a great thing! So I was sure to buy all I needed for the yummy recipe they had cooking. It turned out really good~ my hubby loved it! Mission Accomplished! Here is the recipe and some pictures for the heck of it. =)

Sear n Serve with Pan Sauce
Preparation Time: 15 minutes

4 servings of meat, fish or poultry of choice (I used Prime beef steak, cause my man loves beef)
1 jar Star Chef's Dried Cherry Steak Sauce
1 tbs Adams Reserve House Rub
2 tsp Ottavio Grapeseed Oil
2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup cream

Preheat oven 400 degrees
  • Season meat or fish or poultry with rub of choice
  • Heat skillet on medium high for 2 minutes, reduce to med and add oil, swirl to cover skillet
  • Sear protein on both sides for 2 minutes, place in oven for 4-5 minutes  depending on thickness. Remove to plate
  • In same skillet heat 3 tbsp sauce of choice, with 2 tbsp butter and 3/4 cup cream, stir until thickened. 
  • Top entree with sauce mixture and garnish. Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Hillary said...

That food looks soo good! We're totally eating at your house next year! :)

.:Chelsey:. said...

I am such a meat & potatoes type girl and that meal totally made my mouth water!
Sounds like you had a great day with your guys!