Friday, February 4, 2011

***SNOW***

Okay, so last night I wrote this post totally thinking the snow we kept hearing about was gonna pass us by. I was a little bitter . =) CAUTION cheesy poem ahead:

Snow, snow, where did you go?
I have three boys who long for you soooo.

The weatherman said you were headed our way,
Instead we just got
a cold, windy day.

We just want a few white, fluffy flakes,
This Mama has pictures she'd love to take.

I guess we'll have school and not a day home to play,
Bummer-we were hoping for just one snow day!


BUT...we did get a snow day!!!!! YAY!!

I checked the district website at about 1:00 am and sure enough school had been cancelled.
So this is the revised and much happier post. =)

When we woke up about 7:00am our place looked like this(don't laugh, to us Texans this is a lot):
Snow on our rooftop!!


Our snow sprinkled backyard.


So we headed out to enjoy it! CAUTION picture overload ahead!
Cooper walked onto the back porch and the first thing he did was drop down to make a snow angel.

Of course Carter wanted to play too!


Then Colton and I created some snow art...


Next, the boys headed to what they referred to as their "snow trampoline!"


Carter just wanted to eat it!




After that, we ventured to the driveway to make some more snow angels.


Then, we took a few photos together.

Me and my boys!

All my favorites!!!!
Last, we headed to the lake near our house. It is a short walk but it was a super cold one! The boys love throwing rocks in the water when it is warm so we had to see if it was frozen. Yep--it was!


We spent the rest of the morning drinking hot cocoa, watching movies and relaxing by the fire. The sun came out around 10:30 am and by noon our snow was gone. It was fun while it lasted though!!

7 comments:

.:Chelsey:. said...

So glad you got some snow too! Looks like ya'll had a blast in it :)

Kelly said...

I am so jealous!! My kids would have been so excited to see that amount of snow. Living in FL, they still haven't seen a flake of it!

You have a beautiful family - so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could stop by yours!

Anonymous said...

I love your poems and I love all the pics of the boys in the snow!! Looks like you had a FUN day!! Enjoy your weekend!

Brandi said...

I love your poems! Yes, it did melt way too fast! But it was fun while it lasted. Looks like your boys had a great time. Snow angels were the thing to do yesterday.:) I had such a good time the other night, good seeing you!

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

What a beautiful family you have!

I just found your blog via one of the blog hops! Have a wonderful weekend.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Hillary said...

The boys are soo cute in those pictures! Graham and Grady loved jumping on their trampoline as well (they were cracking up that the snow was "jumping" with them)!

April Westerhold said...

I am happy you finally got your snow and you guys were able to enjoy it! Loved all of the pics and everyone looks really happy.

We were supposed to get a "dusting" last night and ended up with 5" . . . are you kidding me? Right now I have about 18" of snow in yard. THIS IS NOT NORMAL FOR MISSOURI!! LOL

April@Party of Five