Friday, February 11, 2011

Rodeo Wrap Up

We had a great couple of nights at the rodeo this week. On Wednesday, we saw Mercy Me with 4 other couples.(So nice of the couple we co teach at church with to cover us so we could go) It was an awesome show! I LOVED that in such a huge place meant for bull riding, calf roping, and barrel racing, lots of believers were praising the Lord. The band was so amazing and humble. At one point, the band had the entire audience singing "Amazing Grace" to them. AwEsOmE!! The lead singer said this and it really stuck with me," God loves you where you are right now and he loves you enough not to leave you there." Amen!
Another great thing about that night were the seats our dear friends Travis and Jenni invited us to sit in. They are literally on the front row. We were all up in the excitement, complete with a little smelly dirt that got kicked up on us during the rodeo action.  =)
The hubby and I

Kelly, Jenni and me

Leon Coffee- a hilarious rodeo clown who has been around a long time.
My boys love to watch him when they go.

Yes- we totally gave the band five as they exited the arena


Then last night, we had some good Mexican food at Chuy's and then headed to see The Randy Rogers band. We got to have this night out with one of my best friends, Lynn and her hubby Jason. I don't think the four of us have had a "double date" since college. So much fun! The band put on a good show and had us all singing along too. (Just didn't give me chills like the sound of an arena full of people singing "Amazing Grace.")

Jason, Lynn, me and Cody

Me and my bestie

A fun bonus--got to chat with my cousin Kym for a while too.
 

2 comments:

April Westerhold said...

It has been SO LONG since I've been to a rodeo. I grew up in around the Sikeston, MO area and the Bootheel Rodeo is huge down there. Did they sing "I Can Only Imagine?" LOVE that song!

Lynn said...

We had so much fun!!! And yes, that double date was well over due! We love you guys and were so glad you joined us. Let's not wait so long next time. :) Love ya!