Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moonlight Gala


Some of our best friends Travis and Jenni invited us to go with them to the Moonlight Gala for the 75th Anniversary of Landa Park. We jumped at the chance to spend time with some of our favorite friends at a wonderful event. It was a dinner and auction to benefit the city's parks and recreation. Even though it was outside at the park's dance pavilion, the attire was "elegant" and the atmosphere was super nice! Lights in the trees, pretty centerpieces and a delicious meal catered by McAdoos(one of our favorite restaurants). When they said the entire was elegant, I dug way back in my closet and found a simply beaded, black dress that I wore years ago for my brother and sister in law's, Bobby and Hillary's wedding -10 years ago. I loved it then and still like it now. It was a pleasant surprise that it fit. ;) My hubby looked so handsome in his coat and tie.

Oh, there was a photo booth set up so you could have your picture as a party favor. We had so much fun being goofy with that. The first time Cody and I went in it, we sat there with our posed smiles, waiting and waiting with our plastered smile for it to take our picture. Then we finally realized we needed to press the button again. Goofballs!! Anyway, I love the pictures that come from those things!(ours is in the picture at the top of this post) Here are some pictures I took...

Me and my man
Me with Melissa and Jenni~~ love these girls!

Melissa and Clay

 We see you Clay ;)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun was that?!?! You look great, Miss Melanie!! Cody looks handsome as always! What a fun night!

.:Chelsey:. said...

I love Landa Park! Looks and sounds like you had a super fun time and you looked super pretty all dressed up!