Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Poke in the eye anyone?

Seriously--I feel like such a goofball! Last night, I was cleaning my closet when I got injured. You are wondering how I could possibly get hurt taking care of this simple household chore?? Well, I was pulling a shirt off a wire hanger when the hanger popped off and hit me right in the eye. It was coming full speed ahead and landed right in the white part of my eye. Seriously!?!? I stood there in shock for a minute and then went to the mirror. When I saw that I was bleeding out of my eye, I woke my hubby. (You know I only accomplish things late at night so he was asleep.) After inspecting the damage, the decision was to see how it felt this morning. Well, it felt sore, my vision was a little blurry and I felt pressure in that eye. Since "the eye is nothing to mess around with", I got an appointment with an eye doctor. (My sweet Mama came by to keep the little guys.)  Luckily, it looks like I just have a yucky cut that some antibiotic drops 4 times a day should take care of. There is the off chance that the cut is too deep and the Dr. says if I start to have sensitivity to light, I will have a much bigger problem to deal with. But he says that would be rare. So I am saying a prayer that he is right. Right now, it feels pretty uncomfortable and I feel pressure from the swelling. Sooo I am off to get some "shut eye." ;)  Hopefully, that will help.
Okay~ since I am a goofball, I am sharing this picture of my eye. I know it is hard, but try not to laugh at me.  Oh and be careful with those dang wire hangers! ;)


3 comments:

Hillary said...

Is it ok that I'm still laughing about this?? :) I was soo hoping that you would blog about this and then forgot the mention it when we talked.
Hope you feel better soona and I promise not to giggle later when we talk.... (maybe). :)

.:Chelsey:. said...

Oh my gracious! I will pray for you girl!

Texas Mom said...

Only you girl~

By the way.... your lashes look beautiful. Same as they did in school.