Friday, March 25, 2011

My afternoon date =)

Lately, Cody and I have been talking about the change we see in Colton. There is a new maturity that he has. There have been several occasions lately, where we have talked about what a good boy he is. He still has those silly, eight year old boy moments (thank goodness) but for the most part he is easy going and pleasant. He follows the rules at home and at school, works hard academically and with baseball and gets good grades(straight A student so far). I really wanted to do something special for my oldest baby. So since it was Friday and report card day(I knew the report was good), I decided to surprise him. The movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules started today and Colton has been talking about how bad he wanted to see it. So, I showed up to school to pick him up a few hours early. He was very surprised to see me there and was so excited that just he and I were headed to see the movie. (I think the leaving school early part was pretty cool too.)
I loved having this time with just him to chat  in the car and laugh really hard with during the movie. (It is hilarious! I highly recommend it.) My Colton is such a great person to hang out with. I love this boy so much!!

We had to pose by the really large beach ball advertising the upcoming movie Rio.

The photo we took as we waited for the movie to start. =)

4 comments:

Katie said...

i love this! So precious.

Red is a beautiful color on you. ; )

Texas Mom said...

How sweet is that! Good for you mamma for treating him to this special date. He is such a sweet boy!

Hillary said...

I'm soo glad that ya'll got to go together! Dates with your boys are almost as important as dates with your hubby I think!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome date!! Proud of your boy too!