Thursday, March 3, 2011

Priceless!

I have to take a minute to brag on my smart 8 year old. I am a very PROUD Mama!!!! Have to share this  email I got from his teacher today:


I sent this to the staff today.  I thought you would enjoy this because the incredibly bright child who made my day with his wisdom was your amazing son and MY PRIZE student...............Colton Mueller!!! LOVE THAT BOY!!! He is wise beyond his years!!! :)
Holly


Forwarded Message

Subject: A Quote from one of my Students


Today I told my students that they are like little sponges and at this time in their lives, there is nothing that is unattainable as long as they work hard and give it their best. One of my students replies................... So what you are saying Mrs. Crosland is that children are like sponges, that soak up everything....... and adults are like mops, they don’t pick up as much!!!!! PRICELESS!!! I love being a teacher!!!
Holly


Talk about making my day!! I love that my son has an environment where he can develop those deep thoughts but also where he feels comfortable sharing them. I am telling you~ we( me, my hubby and Colton) LOVE Mrs.Crosland! Not only does she do a great job and works so hard teaching my son everyday, but she also takes the time to share these kinds of things with me. She really does love being a teacher and it shows. So awesome!
Colton was beaming when he told me the story afterschool. He was so proud that Mrs. Crosland loved his comment and she had the whole class applaud it. He was so excited that she sent an email to share what he said with the staff , Cody and I. She even had him call from school to tell me to check my email. I know that this is a day he will never forget. I feel so blessed because my prayers get answered everyday when I know that my son is excited about school, having fun while he is learning, becoming a more confident and secure little being and being loved and encouraged by his teacher. What more can I ask for as I send him to 2nd grade each day!?!?
Okay, I will stop now. I leave you with a picture of my amazing boy and his fabulous teacher!!

4 comments:

April Westerhold said...

What a smart boy you have! So nice of the teacher to share this with you, too. Makes a Mommy proud!

Hillary said...

I am soo proud of my sweet nephew and Graham could not have a better best friend in the whole world. We love him so much and are so glad that he's loving 2nd grade so much! Love you Colton!

Megan said...

Awwww, this is such a sweet sweet story! What a smart little boy! I love teachers like that. I STILL remember all of my elementary teachers and how great they were to me.

Texas Mom said...

Ahhhh..... that is HILARIOUS!